This mainly concerns regional bus transport. The bus lines are often long, in order to obtain an adequate number of travelers. Regional transport is often the most affected by budget cuts.
The Regional Public Transport Sector seeks an answer to the mobility problems in:
- Multiple transport companies based on concessions
- Multiple responsible authorities
- An occasional regional tram
- Information for travelers
- Comfortable buses with Internet
Failures with concessions raises the question whether the concession process is the right way to go? Consequences are long journey times, long waiting times, shortened schedules. Hence the services become less attractive, so even less passengers income, leading to further budget cuts, and so on.