A number of non-mobility sectors also depend on or influence mobility. They can make or break the effect of mobility. Or lose their usefulness if mobility is not considered. Yet this happens in practice. Here are challenges and changes are desirable.
These sectors are:
- Spatial or urban development. How do we fit in infrastructure and keep our facilities? Where is place for living, working and leisure time?
- Demography. What is the effect of an aging population? Are we ready?
- Energy. Where will we obtain the energy for our mobility?
- Health care. How will we keep the people fit and hence out of the health care system?
- Work and leisure. When will we work and when are we free? How do we get there?